Whether you dress up or down, there are no shoes required when saying your vows on the sand. The beach is the perfect backdrop for your small wedding or romantic elopement. Here on the Oregon coast we have beautiful beaches, sheltered coves, large and small beach house rentals, state parks with yurts, trendy beach towns, luxurious hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, fine dining and so much more……
If you are coming from out of town, or even if you’re not, here are some tips for on the shore weddings.
- Have a back up plan! It can rain on the coast even in July or August.
- Be prepared for the breeze with hair and clothing choices.
- Make sure your location has ample parking/restrooms for guests, officiant, photographer, etc.
- Set up early to make sure you have the spot you want and to let others know what is going on.
- Check with local state parks and beach authorities to be sure what your planning is allowed. Do you need insurance? Can you put up a structure or tent?
- Make plans early – there are only 12 or so weekends of good Oregon beach weather. You need an officiant, lodging, and a photographer at the least, and possibly many more things. Don’t wait til the last minute to make arrangements.
- Remember the best part of a beach wedding is that it has a relaxed feel to it. It is hard to feel uptight when you are barefoot in the sand saying I love you. If you are a perfectionist, a beach wedding might not be for you, mishap occurs because you are dealing with nature. Things like smelly seaweed, drizzle and fog, beach combers and barking dogs. If you can have a bit of a carefree attitude and can go with the flow of events, a beach wedding can be truly beautiful and memorable!